Participate in the 2024 PonerPics Community Colab Deadline is August 31st. See the thread here

ban wildmanes

Forums » General Discussion » ban wildmanes Search Posts
Started by Wallbeige
Posted
3 replies
Subscribe
Background Pony #2D77
@Wallbeige
I had to look it up. I had no idea it even existed. It looks like a Wish.com version of My Little Pony. I'm not sure it's even worth the effort to ban. I doubt it will even make it to flavor-of-the-week status before vanishing to wherever that… I can't even remember the name of it now. It was a European 3D animated cartoon with pony princesses that came out several years back that was a really obvious MLP:FiM knockoff. Some fanart got posted here, then it vanished, like that "Melowy" unicorn pony thing from Italy. I'm not worried.
Wallbeige
Medieval Community Collab -
2023 Collab -

Drangleic Inhabitant
it's being shilled hard on /mlp/ and you're right its flavor of the week bullshit. hopefully it does fade and doesn't stick around too long.
Background Pony #F69D
@Wallbeige
Ah, okay. I don't go to /mlp/ any more. I gave up on 4chan back in May when I got a ban for reporting a spammer. Great job, 4chan mods.

I just looked around Desuarchive. Yes, you're right, it looks like someone trying much too hard to simulate grassroots enthusiasm for Wild Manes, though I am heartened by the sheer number of "stfu shill" responses to obvious clumsy attempts at manipulation.

While I was there, I searched for "3D" and "knockoff" and eventually figured out that there was, and, shockingly, still is, an originally Danish 3D animated cartoon for little girls called "Filly Funtasia." It has a very, uh, distinctive art style.

Some character designs should not be 3D animated. This is one of them. There was much hype circa 2013. There is a Wikipedia article about the franchise, now apparently 100% owned by the Chinese and used to pump out plausibly deniable (not really) MLP:FiM ripoff merch plus two seasons of entertaining (not really) 3D animated pony hijinks. The Wikipedia article goes into numbing levels of detail about the producers, the development history, and so on, but my point in bringing it up is that after well over a decade there are only two hundred and forty pictures on Ponerpics that have the "Filly Funtasia" tag and back then some of the excitement for it on /mlp/ seemed genuine. I don't see Wild Manes ever getting anywhere near that spot. It may be just as well, given the poor quality of so much of the fanart that is getting posted here.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~