[Bug Report] Alias of implied tag not set during upload

Forums » Site and Policy » [Bug Report] Alias of implied tag not set during upload Search Posts
Started by Background Pony #945D
Posted
5 replies
Subscribe
Background Pony #945D
The tag 'Predator Drone' implies 'plane ponies', which has been aliased into 'plane pony.' However, plane ponies does not convert into plane pony if set by implication, rather than manual tagging. Due to this, the implications of plane pony are not set.

Furthermore, the image will not appear in searches for plane pony, and as plane ponies is an alias of plane pony, it cannot be searched for using the old tag. If the tag counter is accurate, there are more images tagged this way, but finding and correcting them is tricky due to the search issue. Additionally, plane ponies cannot be removed and replaced with the correct tag.
Background Pony #945D
@Lotus
Yes. Images with the child tag also do not appear in searches made for it or the tag it is aliased to.
Background Pony #945D
@Lotus
I'm not sure what the expected behavior for this situation is supposed to be, but from my viewpoint I expected an implied tag, when it is an alias of another tag, to change to that tag.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~