Viewing last 25 versions of post by Soft Lava in topic What are you migrating over?

Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

"@darkdoomer":/forums/dis/topics/what-are-you-migrating-over?post_id=305#post_305
Unfortunately, people in general tend to judge art based on their narcissistic world views.

Take "doing hurtful things to your waifu" series. I really liked the comic involving Vinyl being beaten by anon. Not because I'm sadistic but rather because it made me feel things, things that you won't feel any other way around. I felt sorry, broken and even depressed a little after reading that comic. And I sincerely believe that this is what this kind of art was after. It is a subliminary plot device to show the cruelty of mankind, make people question the world we live in.

People hate this comic with passion because it pictures cruelty, not because it's drawn poorly or violates the rules of any kind.

This example applies to any kind of art. We tend to forget that art is meant to reflect the reality, its good and bad aspects. But instead we censor what we think is bad (while it only shows what is) and separate ourselves with art we only like.

However, many bad things art shows can influence people's perception and lead to problems. Such as, if someone sees a pony nazi outside the oldfag scope, the fisrt thing they think will be that bronies are incredibly messed up, promote nazism and being proud of that. And what's even worse, real nazis, unbeknownst to this being a satire, will gather around, for example, and invade the fandom.

It's a no win-win situation. However, The least prominent sollution would be empathizing on the aspect that aryanne is not a promotion of any kind, beat this idea out of everyone and filter things out in case people want to live in ideological paradise without a fear of being put to doubt.

No reason given
Edited by Soft Lava
Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

"@darkdoomer":/forums/dis/topics/what-are-you-migrating-over?post_id=305#post_305
Unfortunately, people in general tend to judge art based on their narcissistic world views.

Take "doing hurtful things to your waifu" series. I really liked the comic involving Vinyl being beaten by anon. Not because I'm sadistic but rather because it made me feel things, things that you won't feel any other way around. I felt sorry, broken and even depressed a little after reading that comic. And I sincerely believe that this is what this kind of art was after. It is a subliminary plot device to show the cruelty of mankind, make people question the world we live in.

People hate this comic with passion because it pictures cruelty, not because it's drawn poorly or violates the rules of any kind.

This example applies to any kind of art. We tend to forget that art is meant to reflect the reality, its good and bad aspects. But instead we censor what we think is bad (while it only shows what is) and separate ourselves with art we only like.

However, many bad things that art shows can influence people's perception and lead to problems. Such as, if someone sees a pony nazi outside the oldfag scope, the fisrt thing they think will be that bronies are incredibly messed up, promote nazism and being proud of that. And what's even worse, real nazis, unbeknownst to this being a satire, will gather around, for example, and invade the fandom.

It's a no win-win situation. However, The least prominent sollution would be empathizing on the aspect that aryanne is not a promotion of any kind, beat this idea out of everyone and filter this out in case people want to live in ideological paradise without a fear of being put to doubt.

No reason given
Edited by Soft Lava
Soft Lava
Auti.. Artist -

Take "doing hurtful things to your waifu" series. I really liked the comic involving Vinyl being beaten by anon. Not because I'm sadistic but rather because it made me feel things, things that you won't feel any other way around. I felt sorry, broken and even depressed a little after reading that comic. And I csincerely believe that this is what this kind of art was after. It is a subliminary plot device to show the cruelty of mankind, make people question the world we live in.

However, many bad things that art shows can influence people's perception and lead to problems. Such as, if someone sees a pony nazi outside the oldfag scope, the fisrt thing they think will be that bronies are incredibly messed up, promote nazism and being proud of that. And what's even worse, real nazis, unbeknownst to this being a satire, will gather around, for example, and invade the fandom.

It's a no win-win situation. However, The least prominent sollution would be empathizing on the aspect that aryanne is not a promotion of any kind, beat this idea out of everyone and filter this out in case people want to live in ideological paradise without a fear of being put to doubt.

No reason given
Edited by Soft Lava
Soft Lava
Auti.. Artist -

Take "doing hurtful things to your waifu" series. I really liked the comic involving Vinyl being beaten by anon. Not because I'm sadistic but rather because it made me feel things, things that you won't feel any other way around. I felt sorry, broken and even depressed a little after reading that comic. And I cincerely believe that this is what this kind of art was after. It is a subliminary plot device to show the cruelty of mankind, make people question the world we live in.

No reason given
Edited by Soft Lava
Soft Lava
Auti.. Artist -

Take "doing hurtful things to your waifu" series. I really liked the comic involving Vinyl being beaten by anon. Not because I'm sadistic but rather because it made me feel things, things that you won't feel any other way around. I felt sorry, broken and even depressed a little after reading that comic. And I cincerely believe that this is what this kind of art was after. It is a subliminary plot device to show the cruelty of mankind, make people question the world we live in.

It's a no win-win situation. However, The least prominent sollution would be empathizing on the aspect that aryanne is not a promotion of any kind, beat this idea out of everyone and filter this out in case people want to live in ideological paradise without a fear of doubt.

No reason given
Edited by Soft Lava