Viewing last 25 versions of post by skybrook in topic What's your view of the different Booru sites?

skybrook

"@ToastedTruffles":/forums/dis/topics/what-s-your-view-of-the-different-booru-sites?post_id=603#post_603

Aren't you suspicious of a Theory that paints everyone as potentially secretly being your enemy, in a way that makes the world seem too sensible and simple? I think you'll find these so-called Critical Theorists are quick to attack any critical deconstruction, once it starts to criticize _them._ Remember Applejack's Plantation on derpibooru? All those moral crusaders were not exactly praising the work for exposing the flaws in their ideology.

I do agree that the Socratic method of deconstructing someone's arguments until they're stumped is pretty colossally arrogant. I'm just not so sure that's why art is getting taken down. It's fascism that censors art and burns books.

"@𝚽σ𝜏mares":/forums/dis/topics/what-s-your-view-of-the-different-booru-sites?post_id=605#post_605

Yeah, though their armies are legions of passionate champions full of hope and fury, I'm pretty sure the ones creating these lies are just amoral opportunists, using their faithful to gain power and wealth.
No reason given
Edited by skybrook
skybrook

Aren't you suspicious of a Theory that paints everyone as potentially secretly being your enemy, in a way that makes the world seem too sensible and simple? I think you'll find these so-called Critical Theorists are quick to attack any critical deconstruction, once it starts to criticize _them._ Remember Applejack's Plantation on derpibooru? All those moral crusaders were not exactly praising the work for exposing the flaws in their ideology.

I do agree that the Socratic method of deconstructing someone's arguments until they're stumped is pretty colossally arrogant. I'm just not so sure that's why art is getting taken down. It's fascism that censors art and burns books.

"@𝚽σ𝜏mares":/forums/dis/topics/what-s-your-view-of-the-different-booru-sites?post_id=605#post_605

Yeah, though their armies are legions of passionate champions full of hope and fury, I'm pretty sure the ones creating these lies are just amoral opportunists, using their faithful to gain power and wealth.
No reason given
Edited by skybrook