Viewing last 25 versions of post by Saru in topic Tag Suggestions

Saru

Egg
I don't know your policies on user tag management and creation, but something that bothered me about Derpi was the lack of gendered race tags being used.

While such tags do exist, derpi staff didn't seem to like them. I remember I got drunk years ago and deciding it'd be a good idea to tag every female changeling image as such only to have a mod tell me to stop and deleting the tag (there were already thousands of images tagged as such before I started). It was eventually recreated and there's 10 images under that tag now, but,

I'm suggesting that the tags "female race" "male race" and "futa race" be implemented and enforced for each race

The stallion, mare, filly, colt tags, while optional, are widely used so why not others?

The female and male tags aren't good enough on their own.

Maybe I'm dumb and can't figure it out, but how would one go about finding specific gendered races without it?

Back to the changeling example,
Using the separate "female" and "changeling" Tags won't work as it will turn up any female with any gendered changeling and I can't figure out any syntax that would work.

Even if it IS possible to do what I'm suggesting with syntax, it's overly complicated to do so and enforcing gendered race tags would be helpful.

Edit: didn't think to search for "female, changeling" to make sure it still worked the way I thought it did. While most of the images did seem to depict female changelings, it still turned up male and futa changelings with other female races. I want to make it clear that there should be an easy way to show a race only in the gender you're looking for.

===

On the subject of changelings, i also suggest the addition of

"changeling drone" defining a drone as a changeling without hair OR distinct irisis

(I really like changelings, help a bro out)
Reason: Typos
Edited by Saru
Saru

Egg
I don't know your policies on user tag management and creation, but something that bothered me about Derpi was the lack of gendered race tags being used.

While such tags do exist, derpi staff didn't seem to like them. I remember I got drunk years ago and deciding it'd be a good idea to tag every female changeling image as such only to have a mod tell me to stop and deleting the tag (there were already thousands of images tagged as such before I started). It was eventually recreated and there's 10 images under that tag now, but,

I'm suggesting that the tags "female race" "male race" and "futa race" be implemented and enforced for each race

The stallion, mare, filly, colt tags, while optional, are widely used so why not others?

Maybe I'm dumb and can't figure it out, but how would one go about finding specific gendered races without it?

Using the separate "female" and "changeling" Tags won't work as it will turn up any female with any gendered changeling and I can't figure out any syntax that would work.

Even if it IS possible to do what I'm suggesting with syntax, it's overly complicated to do so and enforcing gendered race tags would be helpful.

===

"changeling drone" defining a drone as a changeling without hair OR distinct irisis

No reason given
Edited by Saru
Saru

Egg

Using the separate "female" and "changeling" Tags won't work as it will turn up any female with any gendered racehanging and I can't figure out any syntax that would work.

===

No reason given
Edited by Saru