Art Quality/Downvotes Discussion

AA

Site Assistant
Hopeful Pioneer
@Zaknel
You'd be surprised at how far people's autism will go, they actually think anthro is cancer and anything that's anthro can't be good. I knew a lot of people have a dislike for anthro (I certainly did) but this is a whole 'nother level. I've noticed that downvotes happen only during part of the day so whatever bot is being run is from either one computer running different accounts or multiple computers in a similar time zone.
Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

The only thing I may need in the future is a new drawing pen tablet but it's costly to first buy it and then send it overseas to some random guy. I guess you can tip me when I'm done drawing that commission you were talking about. But it's entirely up to you.
skybrook

I upvote/fave if I like it. I downvote if I don't like it. I like "pure artistic quality" so it helps if you draw good. Ultimately I don't have any criteria though. I just go with how it makes me feel.

I only use filters for things that genuinely make me feel awful, so much that I can't help the artist out by warning them they're drawing things I don't like. Boredom is one way to feel awful.

I used to occasionally comment on a picture I don't like, to explain why and offer some suggestions for how to make it more liked, assuming they even care whether I like it or not. Derpibooru scared me into never saying a word about that though.
𝚽σ𝜏mares

At least two bots have been set up to downvote every image with a G5 pony in it, no matter the art quality. Imagine being so triggered by new horses that you set up a downvote bot instead of hiding the tag.
skybrook

I mean it's not going to help anyone else if you hide a tag. It is pretty despicable of them if they're trying to deceive us into thinking that it's individual posters expressing personal opinions, but you can't downvote a tag, so they don't have a lot of other options. Even then it's not super disruptive. Just look at the statistics, and discard two downvotes from every G5 picture.
OccultFacade

A bag of stuff...
@Lotus
<The focus required to get negativity is easier than to have action with positives in a standard population.
Evoking a negative in someone else or in some cases invoking negativity can be a useful tool. However mental entities (psychological programing, habit, and other more wacky stuff) have an output directly manifested sometimes the usage is hijacked by other stuff which gives enough of a push to (encourage) bringing about action.
In this case having negative bots, mass downvotes, ect. same thing with upvoting too. It's simple and takes one step to enact, but for many people that's also one step too much as a person has other goals in mind (horse🐴 pussy).
The other is something like a plaid knight, someone possessed/influenced, pick a mix of reasons and shake well then pop whatever happened in the nearby (timewise) that sticks in the mind.

When people really fuck up massive down votes in comparative relation to the total views plus similar images (things), usually with that kind of effort being put in and enough care to do something about it that attracts that much attention comments explaining why show up as well.
Usually a good thing because engagement is normally the name of the game.
There is also the in comment virtue signalers explaining that yes whatever the thing is, is degenerate garbage, (valley girl accent) you go grill, arrogant ignorant assholes that say nothing of worth, and or shocked that it even exists why would anyone witness it at all. Those are just some minor cases. Because these are general questions about the state of communities pinpointed to a specific picture (thing).
But somethings do need those kind of questions because of the amount of what the fuck in the context of all of it. Lost my train of thought. Anyway the only time one should worry about the like to dislike ratio of the whole site might be roughly five times to each other that's out of the usual curve of operating and problems really manifest then.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~