Ponerpics general

Background Pony #5372
@Zaknel
I would probably try to take advantage of it as much as possible in a way that would maximize future benefits. I don't have one OC that I personify myself as but I sometimes represent myself with different ones of mine. If I was one of my unicorn OCs I would try to cast magical specials that had long lasting effects or make something tangible (though most of my Unicorn OCs have rather narrow spell skill sets so it depends on which one). For a earth pony I would build/do work that I couldn't do as a human and for a Pegasus… I may just have fun for that one because I don't think I could get many benefits that would be tangible from flying and walking on clouds. Even if I moved them I couldn't take a long term advantage of it.
Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

Rick and morty has lost it.

When the good writing is involved, you can see that despite all the random gigs thrown at you, despite all of the show's cynicism and urge to mock itself, something very serene and emotional shines through. Like an exploration of Beth's marriage. Summer's craving need for validation. Ricks relationship with his grandson.

In reality we don't feel connection with the show, its ideas or stories. It's the characters that come first. Their devotions and growth is what really matters to us while all the high IQ gags and thought provoking concepts is merely a way to carry the story forward and sweeten the flavour, like a cherry. Sadly with the later seasons the writing team forgot that a cherry on top won't topple the icecream. A cherry got replaced with a pickle and this is sadly all we've got.

It's a horse and a wagon type situation. In season one, characters pulled the story forward. Now the roles are reversed. I only mourn that I didn't cherish it more while it lasted.
Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

My thoughts about episode 3

The writing team has made characters much more jaded and cynical over the course of the last seasons so they can't tackle the same wholesome narratives that made season 1 so good. So instead they stick to TV references and tropes to fill in the blanks that made the show so good. They can't depict morty as rick's naive sidekick anymore since he's apparently "grown up" from the experience and now is more of an independent prick. In season 1 morty was you, the viewer. Each time you were thrown into those adventures with rick you were literally just like morty, being thrown into the episode to figure out what is going on. but now morty is by himself and you can no longer relate to him on the same level you did back in season one.

The second issue is the unbalanced portrayal of family's routine. In season one there was a strict grounded setup that resolved around boring daily activities — beth worrying about morty's education, Jerry helping morty with a science project, Summer finding a part time job. Now the show focuses too much on its twisted side and the amount of random scenes and characters is blown way too much out of the proportion.

Despite all the hardships and broken expectations, I still admire Rick and Morty for what it was. It may not be the same anymore but at least it was trully an inspiring gift, a combination of Justin's ingenious creativity and Dan's down to earth constructive storytelling.
Background Pony #AED7
@Soft Lava
Poor Rick and Morty. I never fully kept up with the show but I did notice that dynamic. I suppose it only makes sense on some level for characters to evolve in that direction, considering the nature of the nihilism and vastness of the universe—or does it? Is it justified in universe? I see this with a lot of shows where the tools make sense but something just seems missing from it. I wonder how much of it is a conscious choice and how much is writers forgeting and losing their touch.

It seems like most good shows start out good and then slowly decline from season 3 or so i don't fully count fim with this but you could make the argument and I don't know why that pattern holds up so well.

@Zaknel
Not the best suited but I'll at least bite for a moment on crypto.

I once heard crypto described as "almost gold but not quite" and I think that is perfect. They haven't fully cracked the code for being a true stable, game changer society destabilizing bastion of freedom, but they are close. I don't have the blind optimism that their boosters have but I don't think they will be as easy to defeat as some who just think the governements will just use the technology for control. Check out Monroe for example of something that has further evovled beyond bitcoin.
Background Pony #5372
@Zaknel
Did you lose money in it? Or is even that horribly bias. I have heard some praise and others just blindly hate on Pancake swap and I don't know enough on it other then scammy scam and not everybody claiming to have scammy scam.
skybrook

@Soft Lava

I know about cryptos. My PGP key fpr is 90A0 CD3A 788C FBC7 DFF2 BE95 D84D A2FE 41DB 672B

@Background Pony #AED7

Just to poke fun at that article's fearmongering:

Cash, which literally means “cash” in Esperanto, is a private currency. When the makers of the cash chose to make it private, they didn’t hold back. Cyber criminals, according to Webster-Jacobsen, “have recognized the ability for mistakes to be made using bitcoin that allow blockchain transactions to reveal their identity.” With cash, their identities are fully concealed and geographical locations obscured.

Although cash’s value pales in comparison to bitcoin, it’s easier to mine. Furthermore, and rather crucially for the criminally inclined, anonymity is guaranteed.

In this arms race between law enforcement agencies and criminals, privacy coins like cash powered by anonymous postal transactions are giving bad actors more power.

a vaccine may already exist, and it’s ready to be rolled out. FingerPrint, a fingertip analytics firm, claims to have a developed a tool that can trace cash transactions.

authorities have been worried about cash for years; however, they have appeared powerless to stop its rise
skybrook

@Soft Lava

Those are called giant hogweed, I think. Cow parsnip don't have red mottling on their stalks, and only grow up to 2 meters high. Basically the same plant, but slightly less corrosive, they're still going to mutilate you for years if you get their sap on you. This is Death Stranding level end-of-world bullshit, I swear.
Soft Lava
Auti.. Artist -

@skybrook
Yeah. It's called hogweed, my bad. Sosnovsky hogweed to be precise. Back when USSR was at its peak soviets decided that it would be efficient to genetically modify a common parsnip into a hogweed and start planting it everywhere just so the cows can eat a cheeper alternative. It resulted in cows giving mutated offspring (look it up) and milk that burns your digestive tract.

One hogweed specimen contains up to 20000 seeds and even if you get rid of it, it's not going to help since it multiplies like crazy and grows 10 centimeters per day. It also spoils the soil so that only hogweed can grow there.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~