Feature suggestions and discussion

Forums » Site and Policy » Feature suggestions and discussion Search Posts
Started by Background Pony #4B2C
Posted
124 replies
Subscribe
Background Pony #3FF7
Would it be (or is it already) possible to "spoiler" certain tags without having them hidden behind a spoiler image?
I currently have AI Content spoilered, not because I don't want to see it but because I like to know in advance if an image is AI before I click on it. However, it'd be nice to be able to see the images without having to reveal them first, I just want the banner across the top of the thumbnail saying that it's AI Content.
Megalith

Site Moderator
@Background Pony #3FF7
I don't believe this is a feature nor do I predict this getting added anytime soon as the changes we are attempting have been breaking the site. While we troubleshoot this, I suggest making two different filter settings and swapping between your filter that blocks AI and one that allows it and search AI when you are curious to browse the selection.
Background Pony #3FF7
@Megalith
Well I wasn't demanding you add it right now, lol, it's just a suggestion for a feature I think would be useful. Also, what's up with the site anyway? I can't access the homepage, profiles, or any of the tag pages, but I seem to be able to use the rest of the site just fine (the forums, private messages, settings, filters, and specific image pages). I assume you already knew that though. Have you identified what's causing the issues yet? Is it to do with the server fetching search results or something? (i.e. recent uploads, tag searches, etc.)
Background Pony #55E8
Is there a way to report tags? There are some that only get used for spamming, for example:
https://ponerpics.org/tags/i+thought+something+was+on+my+face-dot-+i+asked+them+what+was+wrong
instead of reporting images. Also, I was wondering, can admins/mods revert all changes made by select users?
Background Pony #96FF
@Lotus
IT IS always a temptation to an armed and agile nation
To call upon a neighbour and to say: –
"We invaded you last night – we are quite prepared to fight,
Unless you pay us cash to go away."

And that is called asking for Dane-geld,
And the people who ask it explain
That you've only to pay 'em the Dane-geld
And then you'll get rid of the Dane!

It is always a temptation for a rich and lazy nation,
To puff and look important and to say: –
"Though we know we should defeat you, we have not the time to meet you.
We will therefore pay you cash to go away."

And that is called paying the Dane-geld;
But we've proved it again and again,
That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld
You never get rid of the Dane.

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,
For fear they should succumb and go astray;
So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,
You will find it better policy to say: —

"We never pay any-one Dane-geld,
No matter how trifling the cost;
For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
And the nation that plays it is lost!"
Background Pony #6508
@Lotus
Should have just banned all low effort edited screen caps with impact font captions, random collages of ponys combined with other shit and ai-images and stuck to the policy of removing low effort content instead of removing one thing because you don't like it. All or nothing, and you choose to pussy out and do nothing in the end. Sad, really
Lotus

Site Administrator
@Background Pony #6508
As best as I can tell the images were deleted by the moderator because they were confused for being from a different, long-time spammer. I really don't care either way as it's like maybe 20 images and you'd have to basically intentionally look for these images to find them. I would have restored these weeks ago but I am both lazy and busy, and also the ongoing image posting campaign was funny.

tl;dr, filter it
Background Pony #96FF
@Lotus
Ah yes, just to remove some literal autist's shitty edits (that don't even have anything to do with ponies) I have to also filter tons of things that are not said shitty edits. I'd ask you if you were daft, but you publicly admitted to having a liberal arts degree, so…
Lotus

Site Administrator
@Lotus
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE FEET?

Why would you not already filter "feet"? What shows up on the 59948 "feet" tagged images that you want to see? And what on God's earth are you searching for such that Sunnyfeetfanreturn's 14 images come up in your search???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaotiOp45dg&pp=ygUdYnV0IHdoeSB3aHkgd291bGQgeW91IGRvIHRoYXQ%3D
Background Pony #3FEA
@Lotus
feet, being an anatomy tag, is innocuous overall and filtering it will catch a significant amount of artwork (for example, anything with a fullbody of oc:anon).
The tag you're thinking of is foot fetish, which is as bad as you imply.
Or hell, maybe he's a footfag and just prefers quality to slop.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~