What's your view of the different Booru sites?

darkdoomer
2023 Collab -

Site Assistant
I see Ponybooru as the sacrificial lightning rod to collect all the controversy and sabotage attempts by the same people who effectively destroyed Derpi

Don't worry, Rainbooru also has its trucks of shit. Doxing attempts, intimidation, flooding with gore/illegal shit or BLM bullshit, death threats and so on.
Lotus

Site Administrator
@Background Pony #4F5B
Assuming "this site" means PonerPics, and not Twibooru as referenced in the post, we are thinking about it, certainly. Right now our development resources are focused elsewhere, but we may add it
Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

I will sort alts by relevancy and how dangerous they are compared to to us, ponerpicsanians.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————-
rainbooru.org
code green

-was down for a while.
-People say something about death threads and bad reputation.
-Obviously flawed site design. Unbased. Uncute. Unsubscribed.
manebooru.org
code blue

-Has no downvotes
-no anonymity
-They have damn badges already. SIR LOTUSALOT WAKE UP WE ARE LOOSIN THIS FIGHT!
twibooru.org
code yellow

-has no DNP
-anon only posting
-basically a big archive. Can be dangerous. Better watch out for what those commies are plannin.
ponybooru.org
code red

-Is the most active one
-Has a larger userbase than we do
-Verdict: Enemy no 1. Discombobulate
darkdoomer
2023 Collab -

Site Assistant
@Soft Lava
just in our defense, because I'm a mod on Rainbooru, I don't know any staff member there ever threatened anyone. But oh boy even if they calmed down, our inboxes were flooded like «I know where you live nazi» and so on.
But well, it's really an archive, not a site that's its own communuty.
Soft Lava
Marenheit Contributor - This little pony contributed to the Marenheit fundraiser of 2020
Auti.. Artist -

@darkdoomer
Sorry for what I wrote. I didn't mean that literally, I was sassy just for kicks.

It's good nonetheless that sites like rainbooru were created to make a difference. As about my statement, I'm just too much of a poner's patriot I guess.
darkdoomer
2023 Collab -

Site Assistant
@Soft Lava
it's ok, well i suppose we both, ponerpics and altboorus been through all kind of underminings, raindev got his account removed from Hekoru and Github, all kind of stuff like that y'know.

the fact we have enemies like this claiming they don't care, but actively tries to sabotage you by all possible means, taking risks kind of means we are doing something that's worth it!
Soft Lava
Auti.. Artist -

@darkdoomer
Yeah. Actually, now I think that all recent altboorus have one thing in common. And that thing is support for a freedom of expression.

So it doesn't really matter which site is the greatest. They are all great, especially with all that drama going on.
ToastedTruffles

Early Adopter
@Soft Lava
So it doesn't really matter which site is the greatest. They are all great.

Agreed. It's like quibbling over which giant is the tallest, with the difference being measured in centimeters.
skybrook

I was reluctant to trust an altbooru, because they're all equally as vulnerable as derpibooru to the thought police telling us we aren't allowed to draw moustaches on things. A decentralized solution would be the only real solution, which could defend against infiltration and corruption of individual organizations.

But with the philomena project open source, and with altboorus synchronizing content between each other, that's about as decentralized as I can expect. It even protects derpibooru, because the ego trippers can't get content taken down, without us being able to go elsewhere to see what wonderful art they're trying to cover up. Censorship is a moving target now, which if we can keep it up might lessen the grasp of the intolerant and overcontrolling on culture in general.

I probably wouldn't call them marxists though. Or fascists, or corporates, or thots, or sjws, or wingnuts. They're all just… entitled jerks, who don't respect others.
ToastedTruffles

Early Adopter
No, I think you really can call them Marxists. That generalized branch of philosophy really does inform a lot of what they do. Particularly once you start to get a bit of a grasp on Critical Theory.

The gist of Critical Theory is that it is designed specifically to destroy everything around it. You criticize any part of it and deconstruct it. Only ever point out flaws, real or imagined. There's never any reconstruction or recognizing any expression of core values. It's a permanent revolution. They're always on the attack, always finding new things to complain about, because their only mode of existence is a constant state of being offended and angry about stuff.
𝚽σ𝜏mares

@skybrook
I probably wouldn't call them marxists though. Or fascists, or corporates, or thots, or sjws, or wingnuts. They're all just… entitled jerks, who don't respect others.

That's the spirit. Even when they specifically call themself a Marxist or a corporate, it's almost always an act to gain approval from other Marxists and corporates and not a genuine political conviction.
skybrook

@ToastedTruffles

Aren't you suspicious of a Theory that paints everyone as potentially secretly being your enemy, in a way that makes the world seem too sensible and simple? I think you'll find these so-called Critical Theorists are quick to attack any critical deconstruction, once it starts to criticize them. Remember Applejack's Plantation on derpibooru? All those moral crusaders were not exactly praising the work for exposing the flaws in their ideology.

I do agree that the Socratic method of deconstructing someone's arguments until they're stumped is pretty colossally arrogant. I'm just not so sure that's why art is getting taken down. It's fascism that censors art and burns books.

@𝚽σ𝜏mares

Yeah, though their armies are legions of passionate champions full of hope and fury, I'm pretty sure the ones creating these lies are just amoral opportunists, using their faithful to gain power and wealth.
ToastedTruffles

Early Adopter
@skybrook
It's fascism that censors art and burns books.

I think you have a lot to learn if you have the opinion that censorship of art and books equals fascism.

As for the apparent conflict of Critical Theorists, of course they reject Critical Theory when it's used against them. Their mission is to destroy. Critical Theory is just one of their tools. There's no conflict here.

The shortest and fastest thing I can suggest to you is to go watch the full interview that a man named Yuri Bezmenov gave back in the 80s. It's available on YT last I checked. He was a defector from Communist Russia, and he gave that talk to explain the tactics that were (and still are) being used to subvert Western Civilization.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~